When selecting a content management system (CMS), you’re already asking: can it produce an accessible website? But a simple “yes” to that question is not enough.
In this presentation you’ll learn how to ask more detailed questions to find out the reality behind accessibilty claims.
- How to use accessibility standards for authoring tools to help answer the detailed questions: WCAG 2.0 and 2.1; US and EU public procurement standards; ATAG
- The importance of the “prompts” requirement
- How to read a VPAT report skeptically
- What to look for in a trustworthy accessibility report
- ATAG’s unique extra conformance requirements
- Why we should treat ATAG as required, even when it’s not explicitly listed in policy